This building’s history goes back to about 1930 when Will G. Willis had it built as a store and fish house. It later became known as Jack’s Store when his son Jack took over. During this time period, several charter fishing boats docked here, including the well known Blue Fin.
In the 1970s Jack’s Store housed pinball machines and a pool table where island children would gather. Jack eventually moved his store into the old power and ice plant building. Since then, it has served as a bait and tackle shop, a floral and antique shop, and is currently home to the Ocracoke Working Watermen’s Association exhibit.